WORK EXCHANGE OPPORTUNITIES
Six Degrees is currently seeking applicants who are willing to make a six-month to one-year commitment to a regular weekly shift to join our Work Exchange Program. Participants of the Work Exchange Program receive Community treatments in trade for their time and labour. One weekly four-hour shift earns you a one-hour community treatment that you would receive at the end of your shift or within the month. For professional service such as graphic design, we trade with workers at a negotiated rate based on their professional fee.
Check out this article to learn more about the values behind our work exchange program.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1. Please complete this application form (You may also review the list of questions here first before answering them on the form as it is an extensive application)
Step 2. Email your CV/ résumé to email@example.com if you have one that we could reference.
To learn about our location and space accessibility, please visit this page.
Office Assistant (OA)
4 hours per week, weekly regular shift
Six Degrees is an integrative health hub that works within an anti-oppressive framework. Office Assistants are the clients’ first point of contact with Six Degrees Health whether in person or via phone. They must be able to meet the demands of working in a busy environment while also being present to client’s needs as the first point of care when people arrive at Six Degrees.
• Greeting and welcoming clients
• Orienting clients to our services and payment system
• Booking appointments by email, phone, and in-person using our online booking system
• Organizing client files as needed using the online database
• Answering phone inquires and responding to emails
• Attending to daily tasks, as required, including opening or closing the clinic
• Experience with computers, Google Apps, iPads
• Confident in operating the online booking system
• Excellent communications skills
• Must be approachable and dependable, and punctual for shifts
• Comfortable supporting clients by phone, email, and in-person
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task
• Can manage stress and work in an active, busy environment
• Will be required to move throughout our space during their shift – front lobby, clinic space, basement washrooms and back offices – in order to complete tasks
• Do occasional errands, as needed
• Must have good interpersonal skills
• Willing to receive constructive feedback and supervision
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Familiar with or interested in tcm and/or holistic health services
• Front desk, reception, and/or customer service experience
• Past volunteer and/or community-based experience
• Experience working within an anti-oppression framework that recognizes and addresses the impact of discrimination on our health and wellness